Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 12:05:57 -0800
From:      obrien@NUXI.com (David O'Brien)
To:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich)
Cc:        dg@root.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new all-time traffic record on wcarchive

Charles Henrich writes:
> In lists.freebsd.chat you write:
>
> Course those changes have made cdrom.com unusable for a large portion
> of the state of Michigan.  We're getting a few bytes/sec transfer rates
> here (and im all DS3 to Mae-East at least.  Oh well.  I've finally
> resorted to doing the ftp via a 256k link I have into Sprint.  Its
> clipping along quite nicely at the moment.

Oh god!  You are actually getting packets from Sprint to cdrom.com????
Ever since the entire Northern part of the University of California
system went from BARNNet and CERFNet to Sprintlink, I haven't had
anything BUT extreamly high packets loses.  Sprint is *really* good about
bullshitting when the UC Office of the President opens a trouble ticket.
They never tell the truth what is wrong, and always flattly lie for the
first 12hrs of so of trouble.

Die Sprintnet, Die!!!

--
-- David	(obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)