Date:      Sat, 12 May 2001 16:54:54 -0500 (PET)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, "Richard C." <freebsd@telus.net>, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, WATANABE Kiyoshi <aab10490@pop16.odn.ne.jp>
Subject:   Re: Modem on laptop...

On 12-May-2001 Dinesh Nair wrote:

>  sorry for the long delay in replying, but after patching with watanabe's
>  patch below, the lt winmodem now works great. have sustained 10-20 minute
>  dialins without problem, though speeds are sort of pegged at around
>  33.6kbps. nevertheless, my gratitude to watanabe for the driver code.

I have this patch also, I have sustained quite long (hours) sessions.
I have gotten 56k connections (in Australia) with it. I am in Peru at the
moment and I get 26.4 -> 28.8k which is the same as a normal modem I tried.

Are you setting the country code parameter correctly?

I have a bigger list than is in the ltmodem distribution (I generated it from
the modem :)

>  any chance that this will make its way into the source tree and form a
>  part of the freebsd distribution ?

Well I think it would be nice if it was a port - it would need a special hack
to deal with the majority of people who didn't have the binary object file.

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum