Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:01:31 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, "Robin P. Blanchard" <robin.blanchard@georgiacenter.uga.edu>
Subject:   Re: RELENG_6 + usb audio ?

Quoting Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> (from Thu, 28 Jun 2007 =20
12:44:28 +0200):

> On Thursday 28 June 2007 11:40, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net> (from Wed, 27 Jun 2007
>>
>> 18:23:08 +0200):
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > USB Audio works fine with my new USB stack, also called HPS USB stack.
>> > There are some problems with the official USB stack regarding isochrono=
us
>> > transfers.
>>
>> Can you please be more specific?
>
> Yes, last time I checked, the start position where the isochronous transfe=
rs
> are inserted, was not updated properly when there was data underrun.

Is this a problem in uaudio or in the USB code? If it is the former, =20
can you please point out the code in question in a way that someone =20
without knowledge of the USB system is able to fix this? If it is the =20
later, would you please tell Warner about it in a way that he can =20
investigate this (I'm sure you can tell if the fix is a =20
nearly-one-liner and where it needs to be done). We are approaching =20
the release of 7.0 and it would be nice if easy to fix bugs which are =20
known are fixed until then.

> Secondly, full-duplex was not working with OHCI hardware, right?

AFAIK: yes. This may or may not an issue in this case.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Behind every great man, there is a woman -- urging him on.
=09=09-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137