Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 2002 15:02:59 +0000
From:      Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports mozilla (1.1,1) on freebsd 4.6.2 can't open windows

> > i found ~/.mozilla/mozver.dat was owned by root, so i chown'd it to myself
> > and restarted.  no joy.  when i "mv .mozilla dot.mozilla" and restart, it
> > worked.  THANK YOU!!!  i will figure out how to restore my bookmarks and
> > then move on.
>
> Just out of curiosity: are you that famous Paul Vixie, who contributed
> cron and other goodies into BSD? If so, I am really excited with the
> fact that you use FreeBSD and would be glad to help in the case of any
> troubles with it.

i'm him.  and there's a new cut of cron coming shortly, that will merge all
the changes from all the BSD's and linuxes over the years.  watch for it.

see http://sagewire.sage.org/article.pl?sid=02/08/19/1718223&mode=thread
where it says

	as the perennial holder of the "most CERT advisories caused by a
	single author" record, I think it's probably a good thing that I
	don't publish my work much any more

thanks for your kind words, and thanks for maintaining mozilla for freebsd,
but is there any relationship between "gnome" and mozilla?  (wondering why
the port maintainer for mozilla is gnome@freebsd.org...)