Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:38:05 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        al7oj@arrl.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bad file Descriptor

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 mandm@alaska.com wrote:

> When trying to rm /usr/obj/*, I get the message in subject
> heading. I also get "directory not empty".
> What must I do to repair/fix the problem?
> I tried fsck, but it didn't help.
> Thanks,
> Mike

I would recommend that you first the to unset the immutable flag. Whenever
I want to purge my /usr/obj, I do this:

cd /usr/obj
chflags -R noschg *
rm -R *

After that, the directory is empty and ready for a new make buildworld.

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org