Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:24:32 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        John Kelly <jak@cetlink.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, toor@dyson.iquest.net
Subject:   Re: panic ufs_dirbad

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 04:24:04PM +0000, John Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:34:20 -0600, Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
> wrote:
>
> >What is the extract date on the sources in your kernel?
>
> >On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 07:23:06AM -0800, Manfred Antar wrote:
> >> while doing a make world I get a panic.
>
> Has there been any progress on the lockups?  I tried a kernel of March
> 21 and it locked tight while doing a make world.

I haven't seen that problem.  However, NFS on -CURRENT is at this time very
flakey.  You can get lockups (which aren't complete - the kernel is still
running - pings, etc work, but the system is wedged otherwise) rather
easily with heavy NFS I/O traffic.

I believe what is going on is symptomatic of a buffer corruption problem
that John and I are also chasing.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV