Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 23:54:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Import of tcsh into src/contrib/, replacing src/usr.bin/csh

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Bob Bishop wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At 13:49 06/04/00 -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> >I'm going to be importing tcsh into src/contrib/ and replacing /bin/csh
> >with tcsh. [etc]

I guess this is as good a message to reply to as any.  What a complete
waste of time this whole discussion is.  Those wanting tcsh can have it
now really easily.  The *very* few who need small size, well, they *need*
small size.  I personally feel kinda trapped in a new login, until I go
compile tcsh into it, but who cares?  I can do that, you can do that, why
is that such a big deal that we have to penalize others?

David's right, it's much better in nearly every way, but since it's
something we have already to a completely satisfactory degree, the
smallest valid complaint (and "I don't like it" isn't valid enough, but
memory size in floppies is) wins out.  I'll just keep on adding the
port.  Big deal.

Bleah.  David, go try talking them into replacing vi with Vim.  I'll go
get a soda, pull up a chair, and watch the fur fly!  If we're gonna have a
stupid donnybrook, let's really get into it!

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.