Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:43:33 -0500
From:      Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's in my hard drive? How can I get rid of it?

Actually,

Windows is now below 90%.  Apple OSX is taking quite a bit by storm....
They're back in education, people don't mind a $2K premium if it means
little downtime.  They were down to <2% 15 years ago....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/15/windows_desktop_and_laptop_market_share_dips_below_90_per_cent/

The Register is pretty impartial and outside the US 'pay for your
opinion' news.

The article is from a year ago.  I expect that Windows is probably below
87% or more now.

P.