Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 07:16:07 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "Sandro Mancuso" <sandro.m@videotron.ca>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing Freebsd

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandro Mancuso" <sandro.m@videotron.ca>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 6:24 PM
Subject: Installing Freebsd

Hi, make build(everything you can think of) keeps giving me errors, in
fact I can't do much without getting an error, so I thought I'd
reinstall FreeBSD just for kicks (why not?).  I'm curious, before I do
that, whether or not there's a way of making diskettes, or if I have to
use the 4.4 diskettes I've got and then cvsup to 4.5 stable

I don't know if you can make boot disks easily from 4.5.  It must be
possible (somebody made them in the first place) but I don't know.  You
can always download the floppy images for 4.5 and create them that way.

However, I think I've done this before.  Just boot with your 4.4
diskettes and then choose an FTP install, changing your settings to load
4.5.  It's not too bad even with a 56K modem.  It's real painless with a
faster connection.  But in any event, it's faster that installing 4.4,
cvsup to 4.5, and then building everything.

HTH a little,

Drew