Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:08:37 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        dan@langille.org, Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Your Makefile has been rebuilt.

On 17 Jan 2002 at 19:13, Kent Stewart wrote:

> I think that anyone who has been following stable since that time
> thinks about the system clock first on strange errors and then looks
> at other possibilities.

But it's lore.  I plan to add something, somewhere, to the handbook.  What
I think is needed is a short section of items to consider when things go
bad.  Items such as checking the system clock, doing another cvsup if your
port doesn't build, etc.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples