Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:42:51 +0100
From:      Patrick Hurrelmann <outi@bytephobia.de>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: flash testing

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 15:55:39 -0500
Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org> wrote:

> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:36:03 -0600, Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm working now to test the Adobe Flash9 stuff I just compiled.
> >> Does anyone know of a good test page, to test some flash9 stuff?
> >>
> >> I would also like to test the other capabilities, but sound
> >> support and animation are the most important to test.
> >
> > YouTube, Google Video, SciFi website, NFL website and search for
> > 'flash game' in google.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mezz
> >

> Thanks.  I haven't any platform here that uses flash correctly, so I
> had to hunt for a site that told me it *wasn't* working.  I just did
> find that, at YouTube, so I need to find out why.  The code I got
> from Adobe compiled cleanly (after a little work) so it's probably
> farming some tasks out to apps which aren't there yet.
>
> Soon ...

Hi,

this sounds promising. Maybe you could try some sites that use
Flex 2.0 (Actionscript 3) and require Flash 9? On Adobe's homepage
there are quite some sample apps listed at the followings URLs:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/?tab:samples=1
http://www.flex.org/showcase/

I did not manage to get any Flex application running on FreeBSD so
far. There is no go with Linux Opera and Linux Firefox with Flash 9.
Even Windows Firefox running under wine did not show up any positive
results :/

And this is quite sad, as Flex really shows some nice opportunities...

Regards,
Patrick

Patrick Hurrelmann   | "Programming today is a race between software
Mannheim, Germany    | engineers striving to build bigger and better
                     | idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
outi@bytephobia.de   | to produce bigger and better idiots. So far,
www.bytephobia.de    | the Universe is winning."         - Rich Cook

                  /"\
                  \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign