Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:06:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to determine data/text/stack sizes of running proccesses?

	I'm trying to set some intelligent resource limits on a CGI server
setup, and I'm running into trouble with it. I've set the memoryuse option
in login.conf and that does seem to kill them off, but I'd like to be able
to fine tune the limits down a little more, while still not interfering
with other processes on the system.

	What I need to do is find out whether the processes that are
running away are sucking up virtual memory in the data segment or the
stack segment, or both; and how much. I've been looking through man pages,
searching the archives, etc. for a couple days now and haven't found
anything that will give me this information on a running process. Any
pointers would be welcome.

Thanks,

Doug
--