Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:28:49 +1100
From:      chris/reman <z2172268@student.unsw.edu.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CDROM detection problems

Hi,

I have sent this to hackers and questions just in case.

I have one hard drive which is master first controller, I have a pioneer
A04s 32x cdrom as a slave on the secondary controller.

I insert FreeBSD 2.2.6 CDROM, ATAPI boot works and sysinstall is started
from the CDROM.  Go straight into probe.  wd0 is detected along with the
hard drive.  however when we get to wd1 it is not detected at all.  I
have tried setting flags, rebooting from dos etc etc.  It detects under
linux and win95.

Abit BH6
celeron 333a
128mb ram
ibm deskstar hdd
CL banshee
NE2000 PCI network card
AWE64

I have searched the PR's and the mailing list search is not available.
Is this just related to the BH6? do I need to upgrade to >2.2.6. The
cdrom has worked fine on my old TX motherboard and under 2.2.6 and 2.2.7

If any more info is needed just write back and tell me what.

regards, chris
--
Christopher Day

E-Mail   the_reman@hotmail.com
Homepage http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/1218

when the rain/when the children reign/keep your conscience in the dark
melt the statues in the park - Fall On Me, REM