Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:29:04 GMT
From:      José Luís <jluis.estgf@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/139811: FreeBSD did not recognize Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port Srvr Adpt network adapter from intel with chipset 897654

>Number:         139811
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       FreeBSD did not recognize Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port Srvr Adpt network adapter from intel with chipset 897654
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have installed a network adapter from intel (Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port Srvr Adpt) with chipset 897654 but FreeBSD did not recognize this new hardware. This adapter was purchased to substitute another from intel with the following chipset: 82575 (that work fine!)

The SO versio is FreeBSD 7.0, however, i have already tried kldload of ixgb device (developped by Intel), i tried with 7.1 and 7.2 always without success...

My major doubt is related with the fact of, apparently the device are not finded by the SO at startup, i mean, whem i execute (in fix mode) commands as devinfo -v / dmesg / pciconf -lv the new pci interface are not listed.