Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 12:13:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dylan Northrup <northrup@ucet.ufl.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   password question

We're intending on putting a FreeBSD box into production along some AIX
boxes.  Is there some sort of way that we can get compatability between
the password generated by FreeBSD and the passwords on the AIX boxen?

Currently we rdist the password files to the various machines.  Previously
we used yp/NIS, however the password maps were compromised and the idea of
using NIS around here again has not been well received.

Are they any ideas that would help with this problem (and, no, we can't
just depricate the AIX boxes, no matter how much I'd love to)?

--
Dylan Northrup <*>
northrup@ucet.ufl.edu <*>

Random B5 Quote
"Sometimes you have to heal the family before you heal the patient."
  -- Dr. Franklin, "Believers"