From:      Paul MacKenzie <pc.mackenzie@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adjusting NICE Level for Qpopper / Inted process

Hello,

I am wondering how to adjust the nice level that is given to the inetd
process (in this case Qpopper). My thinking is that I would like to
increase the scheduling priority to speed up the lag time from a request
and start of the program (if I understand it correctly)

Right now as a default the NICE level is set at 0 (system PRI is 2).

How can I set it (if possible) for it to have abetter NICE level, lets say
-5 for certain programs in the inetd.conf?

Thanks for any help in this matter!!

Paul