Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 16:36:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unattended install

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Snob Art Genre wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Mike Smith wrote:
>
> > We have actually supported unattended installs for some time through
> > sysinstall's scripting support.  If there's an install.cfg file in the
> > boot image MFS, it's run straight away.  This lets you do everything
> > that sysinstall handles, fully automatically.
>
> Has anyone created support for creating an install.cfg interactively by
> doing an actual or dry-run install?

What about a config page (curses or X) that helped you through the format
for the install.cfg

You would have to compile your own install disk wouldn't you?  Is there
any way to put a install.cfg file on a install disk without doing a make
release?

Christopher J. Coleman (whyareyou@lookingforme.com)
Computer Support Analyst I  (509)-762-6341
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://www.vmunix.com/fbsd-book/