Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:20:40 +0100
From:      Matthew Hambley <matthew@aether.demon.co.uk>
To:        delphij@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: openldap-server-2.4.17

I've been banging my head on the wall which is OpenLDAP and Kerberos for
a week now. As far as I can tell I need to create the environment
variable KRB5_KTNAME to specify the keytab I want to use. If I do this
and start slapd manually things work.

Unfortunately there seems no way of specifying this so the slapd startup
script does so. I've tried hacking the script myself but to no avail. I
see one person out there once had the same problem but got no replies
explaining how this was best resolved.

Given that this hadn't been fixed in the years of the ports lifetime I
imagine there must be a good reason for its continued absence. I just
can't work out what it is.

Any help gratefully received.

--
(\/)atthew