Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 1996 09:41:01 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        d.b.dews@camel.com (d b dews)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing mgetty+sendfax port

> The directions seem a little out of date but I
>
> 	-got down in /usr/prots/comms directory
> 	-ftp'd to the correct directory on ftp6
> 	-"got" Makefile
> 	-exited out and entered "make install"
>
> Everything started swinging along nicely.....it started making mgetty
> for me...then everything shut down with error message "Have to create
> your local policy.h first. Copy policy-h.dist and edit it."
>
> Please? Where is this file?

While you are at the mgetty+sendfax port, could you fix the
installation in that it doesn't do a link of mgetty.config
and sendfax.config anymore. mgetty.config has it's set of keywords
while sendfax.config has it's own. The keyword sets are disjunct in
some sense. So making it one file (hard linked) results at least
in large /tmp/log_mgetty files if not other unwanted side effects occur.