Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 12:57:30 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdchat@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG

> > I'm now since Aug '96 on various freebsd-* mailing list and I see the
> > latency between sending the mail and getting it back via the list
> hub sends the messages to a number of different relays rather than
> directly to each recipient.  Some of these relays can be slow.  To

also what i've noticed about the issue is that my home server gets
too often one of these: (or somethign alike)

May 31 10:11:21 shadows sendmail[10327]: NOQUEUE: timeout waiting for
input from HUB.FreeBSD.ORG during server cmd read

sure, it's probably beccause i'm in finland, and because my line to
the world from here is now just 57600, until i get my ADSL which will
speed up things very much (3.1Mbps/1.1Mbps in teory), tomorrow actually.

does all of those different hub-machines return 'hub' or am i being
fed from the same machine always? since it might also be a problem from
one/few of those hubs if they all report themselves as 'hub'.

anyway, if i keep getting those timeouts after my line upgrade, i'll
get back into the issue. coz if where i'm working i should also be backed
up with the adequate international bandwidths...  =)

oh, another thought, where exactly are explained what one have to do
to put up a cvsup-mirror site? i'm _finally_ about to put up what i've
wanted to do for years, cvsup.fi.freebsd.org, since no one else in this
country seems to be enough interested in provinding that.

how much disk space should i reserve for it?

i'd also be very interested in hearing on which hardware different
people run their cvsup-mirrors. (disks, cpu, ram, what else the machine
does)

(this probably might go into somewhere else than chat but here it is
 anyway, i guess enough people get to read this from here too...)

mickey