Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 03:24:42 +0000
From:      freebsduser@comcast.net
To:        "Jeffrey P. Toth" <jtoth@attech.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie Question

> Hello All,
>
>        How do I uninstall or disable snmpd. I have spent too many days
> trying to find this info.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jeff

Places to look for startup items that I know about:
 1) rc.conf in your /etc
 2) /usr/local/etc/rc.d
You may want to check your /var/db/pkg directory to see if you installed anything like that as I don't have it running on my system. If you do find something in /var/db/pkg all you have to do is uninstall it either with pkg_delete or make deinstall (might be make uninstall) from the directory that snmp port was installed from.

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?041920040324.14705.4083467A00057157000039712200750784FF8C9190968B90929691>