Date:      Sun, 04 Jun 2006 22:55:44 +0200
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Jacob Jennings <bloodofanubis@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing Port Directories

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 01:05:21PM -0500, Jacob Jennings wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way to remove unwanted port directories
> such as /usr/ports/biology, /usr/ports/astro, etc. without the system
> coughing a hairball, or could I just manually delete them with a "rm
> -fR"?

You could do a 'rm -fR' relatively safely. Many port rely on other
ports. If these live in the the categories you have removed then
upgrading or installing these port could fail. This is nothing critical
and you should be able to fix this later.
--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howtos based on my personal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://alex.kruijff.org/FreeBSD/