Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:55:58 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst.dehaan@nl.wanadoo.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Debugging options for tomcat41ctl

Sheldon,

> Okay.  I'm still trying to understand what functionality we're trying to
> preserve.
>
> Are you just trying to ensure that non-root users are able to start
> Tomcat/Jboss/etc as www (or whatever)?

Indeed that. *And* that the process will run as a certain user. For example
there could be the following config:

group 'www' contains users 'www' (non-login account) 'ernst' and 'sheldon'

Both 'ernst' and 'sheldon' must be able to start any of the application
servers and then the application server will run as user 'www'.

Ernst