Date:      Sun, 07 Oct 2001 22:02:54 +1000
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Running XfFree86 4 as root

Hiya all,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I run apps such as mozilla etc as a
normal user fine under XFree86-4 (built from the ports collection).
However when I run a graphical application as root I get the following
message and it aborts:

Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated....