Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:16:02 -0500
From:      "Benjamin Sher" <delphi123@zebra.net>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   After Install -- Where is FreeBSD?

Dear friends:

Well, the good news is that my first install of FreeBSD went perfectly. =
I selected ALL for installation of ports and packages so it took a good =
hour to install everything from my two CD's. And some of the packages =
encountered an error and could not be installed (they told me to look in =
the debugger for details).

Windows XP came through completely unscathed and in perfect working =
order on my first primary HD.

All that's missing now is FreeBSD. After completing my install, I =
exited. FreeBSD exited normally, then rebooted. But no sign of FreeBSD. =
Instead, Windows came up. I do recall choosing to have a boot manager =
but never actually saw the screen and boot-up options. So, I went back =
into Free BSD by switching back to the CD in my Bios, but that's as far =
as I dare go on my own. What should I do? Am I missing something?

Thank you all so much.

Benjamin