Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 1998 11:37:50 -0800
From:      Peter Kreps <peterk@kavanah.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2.5 - safe?

Forgive the simple question, but I am running a 2.0-RELEASE
system that was configured a couple of years ago.

I would like to upgrade to 2.2.5 (primarily so I can run the Java
JDK1.1.5).

I have a hard disk full of stuff which I want to preserve.

Is it safe to use the upgrade option on the install boot floppy?
Are there file-system compatibility issues?

-Peter Kreps