Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:43:40 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        mmercer@nc.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPDATE: configure scripts failing in ports looking for libXext

Michael E Mercer wrote:
> Hello peoples,
>
> After looking at the config.log file, the problem seems to be a missing
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib from the compile line when it is testing for Xext.
> I noticed it is in other compile lines preceding the Xext test but not
> there for Xext.
>
> Where is the actual problem here? I have never tried to modify a configure
> script.

The problem is that the configure script is not seeing the library.
That is where the strange interaction is coming in. It is there but it
isn't seeing it. Kdelibs is really dependant on
XFree86-libraries-4.2.1_2 and qt-3.0.5_3, which have to be built in
that order. Everything else in kde-3 is dependant on kdelibs being
built properly. Portupgrade will occasionally skip kdelibs and the
upgrade process breaks down. Your friend is kde@freebsd.org. Most of
the time, they can answer your question really quickly.

kent

> Thanks
> Michael Mercer

> Sorry if this is a repeat, got a response that this email was not allowed...
> I subscribed to freebsd-questions and now resent this...
>
> later

I deleted everything after this for brevity.

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA