Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:30:51 +0400
From:      "Andrew Pantyukhin" <infofarmer@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Greg Lewis" <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: jdk - broken dependency on compat6x

On 6/28/07, Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 08:58:22PM +0400, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
> > The c.6 dependency does not work if you have linux
> > base installed (thanks to /compat/linux/lib/libc.6)
> >
> > How about depending on z.3 instead?
>
> How about LIB_DEPENDS only checks native shared libraries for a native port?
> This seems like it could easily affect a whole variety of ports once
> linux base is installed.

<switching to ports@>

Yes, sounds like a sane idea. Actually, to simplify
it, we can always ignore libs in linuxbase. Linux
ports only use run_depends anyway. So it boils down
to an extra "grep -v" in lib_depends processing in
bsd.port.mk.

Still, it will probably take no less than a month
to get it committed, so how about changing the java
ports now and saving many users a headache?