Date:      Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:02:27 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Rick Berger <rickbsgu@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't cvsup ports?

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 12:49:20PM -0700, Rick Berger wrote:
> Hi, -
>=20
> Trying to cvsup ports-base (as a start).  I have no ports directory,
> as of yet, so this should be a fresh cvs checkout.  My supfile looks
> like this:
>=20
> ---------------------
> # ports supfile
>=20
> *default host=3Dcvsup5.freebsd.org
> *default base=3D/usr
> *default prefix=3D/usr
> *default release=3Dcvs tag=3DRELENG_4_9
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>=20
> ports-base
> ----------------------
>=20
> So, I execute cvsup with a '-g -L2' and it goes through the motions and s=
eems
> to think it checked out the collection.  I look under /usr/sup and there'=
s=20
> directory 'ports-base', and there's a checkout file in there with a list =
of
> stuff it thinks it checked out.
>=20
> But, there's no ports directory when it's done, or anything else.  I've t=
ried
> different servers (14 and 15).  I tried to "help it along" by creating a =
ports
> directory, but that didn't matter. I've scoured the disk after it's done =
(`find
> / -d ports`) and nothing shows.  I've tried several iterations, removing =
the
> /usr/sup/ports-base directory each time (so it presumably starts from scr=
atch.)
>  Same non-result.
>=20
> Note that cvsup seems to work fine with src-all/docs-all.  I also tried
> ports-all - no go.
>=20
> Any idea what's up?

First of all, it is strongly recommened that you use ports-all without
a refuse file.  It will save you pain if you want to build an INDEX
later.  Second, and more importantly there is no RELENG_4_9 tag.  It's
RELEASE_4_9_0 for ports (though you probably don't want a tag at all
since that will result in an out of date ports collection which contains
known security problems.)

-- Brooks

--=20

--DocE+STaALJfprDB