Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 20:39:27 -0500
From:      "Gregory D. Moncreaff" <moncrg@ma.ultranet.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   3.4-S: if_rl & DFE-530TX+ can't map memory or ports

Got a D-Link 10/100 Network in a box for x-mas and I can't get
the NIC to be seen on my BSD desktop.

I uncommented all the PCI NIC's and it appears to be recognized as
a rl0.  default 3.4-S source couln't map PIO ports in driver probe?
[cvs diff -rRELENG_3 if_rl.c showed no diff lines after sup'n]

Looked at the source and commented out the line #define RL_USEIOSPACE
to try and force memory mapped io.  That didn't go either.

Rebooting to win95 and finding the install cd for all the old arp/ipx
bits was able to handle the card and I could ping -f the desktop from
my BSD laptop, so I guess the HW is ok.

I guess I'm asking what I should try next?