Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 08:57:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hsu@cs.hut.fi (Heikki Suonsivu)
Cc:        jmacd@freefall.cdrom.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: What people are doing with FBSD

> non-existant source management, and probably some history.  FreeBSD gets
> hurt badly by unstability, not much change to "sell" FreeBSD to anyone as
> long as the longest uptimes are weeks.

I see consistently uptimes of 50+ days on all our server/workstations.
These system only crash when there is a power outage (no UPSs here).
One of these systems is a mail/www server for our student (>600
accounts) and a firewall for our computer lab. Same uptime as above.

	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/