Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 06:52:59 +0200 (EET)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        leegold <no_spam@worldpost.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nasty x problem

leegold wrote:

> 4. I then went into posts directory for xwrapper and did a make, make install.
>     The prompt (#) returned but there were no lines scrolling at each make
>    command I normally ecpected to see. And pkg_info said no xwrapper
>     was installed.

The xwrapper port created a work/ subdirectory and saved some information
in it that says this port is already installed, during the first install of
the port.  Change into the xwrapper port directory and run as root:

	# rm -fr work

Then try installing the port again :-)

(For extra hacker bonus points, before you wipe out work/ you can change
into that directory and explore the dot-files created by the port install
you did the first time with:

	# cd xwrapper/work
	# ls -a

Giorgos Keramidas                           FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}      http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/