Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 1996 08:50:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp, ponds!ponds!rivers
Cc:        ponds!FreeBSD.ORG!Hackers
Subject:   Re: Even more info on daily panics...

> IMHO, it's not good to speculate.  You need to confirm with absolute
> certainty that the patch is what actually fixed it.
>
> You might want to do either of the following:
>
> 1) Remove the patch and see if what happens.
>
> 2) Put in print statements and see if the relevent section of code ever
> gets executed.  See other #ifdef DIAGNOSTICS for examples of how to do
> this.  I think vrele() had one.
>

> Regards,
>

> Mike Hancock

 Yes!  What an excellent idea!  It simply never occurred to me (dooh.)

 I'll put a printf() in the vfs_subr.c source - so that if we would
have walked off the end of the chain (or back around), we'll get something.

 The other vrele() diagnostic hasn't been tripped; so we must not be
getting a negative usecount...

	- Dave Rivers -