Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:06:43 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   diablo-jdk unable to resolve.

It appears that dialbo-jdk is unable to resolve names to addresses.
When running azureus, my torrents can't find their trackers (although
the auto swarm stuff seems to start up) and additionally, when I try
to list plugins, It claims it can't find azureus.sourceforge.net.
dig, from a shell on said machine, has no problem finding this name.

The machine is a 5.5-p2 machine with

[4:13:263]root@dev:/usr/home/dgilbert> pkg_info | grep -i java
apache-ant-1.6.5_1  Java- and XML-based build tool, conceptually similar to mak
azureus-2.4.0.2     A BitTorrent client written in Java
diablo-jdk-freebsd5.i386.1.5.0.07.00 Java Development Kit 1.5.0_07.00
jakarta-commons-cli-1.0,1 Java library for command line arguments and options
jakarta-commons-lang-2.1 Jakarta library with helper utilities for the java.lang API
javavmwrapper-2.3   Wrapper script for various Java Virtual Machines
junit-3.8.2         A regression testing utility for use with the Java(TM) Lang
log4j-1.2.13        A fast and flexible logging library for Java
swt-3.1.1           Standard Widget Toolkit for Java

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can be          |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |