Date:      Sat, 01 Aug 1998 11:13:29 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyesf@newsguy.com>
To:        "Brian Behlendorf" <brian@hyperreal.org>, "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD advocacy

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:53:42 -0700, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

>Again, so long as the API's stay as consistant as possible, it really
>doesn't matter.
>....  Interoperability is the key.

I agree partially.
I think things such as binary compatibility  and common package/ports
mechanisms would benefit all BSDs. Eventually I hope we see some
major vendors in the BSD camp and they only deal in Binaries. If we
could guarantee all BSD will remain binary compatible (at least
within Intel) and easy to port/compile from one to another this would
account for a bigger market for vendors.