Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 22:08:22 -0700
From:      "Travis Pugh" <travis@wavetop.net>
To:        "J.A. Terranson" <sysadmin@mfn.org>, "'Secure-NT'" <Secure-NT@wwa.com>, "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Secure-NT] Somewhat off-topic: Port 54 DNS Queries???

54 should be XNS Clearinghouse traffic, which is what Xerox Network Systems
uses for its name querys. I am not a Novell junkie in any way, but I know
they used some parts of XNS for their SPX implementation ... although why
any of that would be mapping to your DNS is a good question.

Travis Pugh
Network Engineer
travis@wavetop.net