Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 1995 22:19:59 +0800 (CST)
From:      jdli@csie.nctu.edu.tw (Chien-Ta Lee)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   XFree86-3.1.2 & gnumalloc

	Hi :

	I found that XFree86-3.1.2 for FreeBSD-2.0.5 linked with gnumalloc,
	and -lgnumalloc had been added into config/FreeBSD.cf.

	And I found that the memory useage for stuffs linked with gnu-
	malloc (especially X-server) use much fewer memory than before.

	I read some discussions in the hacker mailing-list, they said
	that gnumalloc use memory better but is slower (b'cos use sbrk),
	and there are still bsd-malloc, dl-malloc, phk-malloc.

	which one will become default malloc in the future ?
--
                                                 Mail: jdli@csie.nctu.edu.tw