Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 2008 13:26:21 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stanislav Sedov <stas@FreeBSD.org>, Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help with copytree code

On Sunday 18 May 2008, Beech Rintoul said:
> On Sunday 18 May 2008, Beech Rintoul said:
> > This copytree code is from bsd.port.mk, and I've been asked to
> > try and find a fix. This is very handy for installing a whole
> > tree (like a web app) keeping everything intact. It wasn't
> > designed to copy to a populated directory so it affects
> > everything in that dir, not just what's being installed. We need
> > to keep it's
> > functionality, but a fix is more than I can come up with. So I
> > thought I'd ask you code gurus to help. If this can be fixed many
> > will thank you!
> >
> > I attached it so it won't get line wrapped.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Beech
>
> Looks like it got stripped off, so I posted it here:
>
> http://www.alaskaparadise.com/freebsd/copytree_code

I'd just like to thank stas@ and everyone who replied with
suggestions, code etc. I believe that I now have something workable
and it's been submitted to portmgr for review and possible inclusion
in bsd.port.mk along with some new features of my own. Hopefully,
this will fix a long standing problem with copytree_*.

Once again thanks all :-)

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html