Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:32:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linuxulator and IDL V5.2

Hey!

I've fiddled ever so slightly with the latest version of IDL
<http://www.rsinc.com>, and ... it doesn't like our linux_lib port.  If I
read things right, it's looking for new X libraries that don't currently
exist in the old port.  I imagine I can get this to work by just upgrading
the binaries in the linux_lib port, but I'm not sure, and I can't even
begin to speculate what else might break.  (Nor am I sure how things work
with the Linux libc/glibc fiasco they had for a while).

Guidance!  I seek guidance!  If I get my stuff to work, I may also need
others to try it out and make sure it doesn't break their linux stuff.
Also interested if anyone else is doing this right now.

Happy trails,

Brian