Date:      Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:56:50 +0200
From:      "Ronald Klop" <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   commons-daemon port and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Hello,

As posted in another thread I made a simple port of the jakarta project =
 =

commons-daemon.
Commons-daemon consists of an executable 'jsvc' which links java and  =

starts the application use an API defined in commons-daemon.jar.

Everything compiles and runs almost. I only have one problem.
It exists with this error.
'Error occurred during initialization of VM
Unable to load native library: Shared object "libjvm.so" not found,  =

required by "libjava.so"'

The jsvc programma forks itself and the child gives this error.
If I first set  =

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386:/usr/local/dia=
ble-jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386/client  =

and then start jsvc everythings works ok.

How can I make the jsvc-child find the same libs as its parent. Truss  =

shows that the parent finds the libs without LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.

Cheers,

Ronald.

-- =

  Ronald Klop