Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 09:20:45 -0700
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: overriding NETINET6 builds for sendmail

mike> Is there a way to modify the sendmail build process via
mike> /etc/make.conf so that -DNETINET6 is always removed ?

No.

mike> Other than getting all the broken resolver sites in the world to fix the
mike> problem, this seems to be my only effective recourse.

There is another way, from sendmail/README:

| DNS/RESOLVER ISSUES |
When attempting to canonify a hostname, some broken name servers will
return SERVFAIL (a temporary failure) on T_AAAA (IPv6) lookups.  If you
want to excuse this behavior, include WorkAroundBrokenAAAA in
ResolverOptions.  However, instead, we recommend catching the problem and
reporting it to the name server administrator so we can rid the world of
broken name servers.