Date:      Fri, 02 Sep 2005 17:56:57 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
To:        Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
Cc:        "Ernst W. Winter" <ewinter@ewinter.org>, advocacy@freebsd.org, re@freebsd.org, Rosa Riebl <freex@cul.de>
Subject:   Re: Draft FreeBSD-6 release announcement or magazine article.

Scott Long wrote:
> Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > Release Engineers,
> > + Various CCs
> > Is there a draft FreeBSD-6 release announcement please,
> > to base a 2 page magazine article on ?  I only know of:
> >    http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-August/018061.html
> >    -->  http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/todo.html#required	etc, &
> >    6.0-BETA3 /usr/src/UPDATING with eg
> > 	"FreeBSD 6.x has many debugging features turned on" etc
> >
> > A German magazine, FreeX (ed. Rosa Riebl cc'd) asked Ernst Winter (cc'd)
> > for someone who could write a 2 page article on features new to FreeBSD 6.
> > Anyone been assembling similar material for other countries/ languages ?
> > No point duplicating effort.
> >
> > Once we have raw material, there are native German speaking BSD users
> > on national & Berkeley In Munich http://berklix.org/bim/ mail lists.
>
> We don't usually write the release announcements until right before the
> release.  I'd be happy to provide material for someone writing an
> article, though.
>
> Scott

Thanks Scott.
PS for readers of list advocacy@
	Reason you didnt see my original post (which Scott luckily
	quoted in full) was a temporary addressing problem my end).
Rosa,
2 possibilities:
- Recruit an English writer from list on header here,
  based on English text & translate. or ..
- Recruit a German writer, (My written German grammar is too horrible),
  eg from Lists:
	bim@berklix.org		subscribe via majordomo@berklix.org
	*@de.freebsd.de		subscribe via majordomo@de.freebsd.org
I'm a member of bim@ & could relay to bim@ if you want.
--
Julian Stacey.  Consultant Unix Net & Sys. Eng., Munich.  http://berklix.com
Mail Ascii not HTML.          Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerzen.