Date:      30 Jan 2003 14:20:08 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Request for testing of new driglide port

I've been hacking around in Glide3 recently, trying to reduce warnings
and remove non-DRI code, and have come up with a port that produces
libraries for both of the DRI-supported Glide hardware types.  It's
located at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/files/driglide-port.tar.gz

I would appreciate if people could test it.  If it works well for others
(that is, at least as well as the old glide3), I'll ask for a repocopy
to driglide and remove the old glide3 port.

Also, I'm wondering where it should be located in the tree.  The glide3
and dri-devel ports have been in ports/graphics, but driglide is used
only by the DRI included with XFree86-4-Server.  It's used by clients,
but directly accesses the hardware so I was thinking of putting it in
ports/x11-servers (note: need to fix the category).  Does this sound
appropriate?

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org