Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:24:20 +0000
From:      Mohammad.K.Islam@southwind.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org, support@cdrom.com
Cc:        sohel@southwind.net
Subject:   CD-ROM detection.

Hello,

Few weeks ago i have bought  Freebsd2.1.5 release and was trying to
install it but is having trouble making the kernel detecting my
cd-rom. Its a creative labs blaster 4xspeed cd which is connected to
the motherboard in IDE controller 2 (wdc1), and it is jumpered as a
primary master drive. My hard disk is connected to IDE port 1(wdc0)
and is properly detected.(Also my hard disk).

Now in order to detect my cdrom by the kernel, do i need to chamge
the jumper setting of my cd-rom as a slave? Or should i connect my
cdrom with my hard disk controller and jumper set it as a slave? Or
is there any other alternative available to me?

I understand that  the boot.flp boot image is consist of
boot.flp+atapi.flp so that it can detect the ide cdrom drive.

I would really apprecate any help on this matter .

Thanks  in advance.

Sincerely,

Sohel.