Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:16:25 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad T23 Coming Out of Sleep

I put the 0x2000 flag in there for now.  Haven't a clue how to tell if it
needed the 0x6000 flag or not.  Thus far, the 0x2000 flag appears to be doing
okay.

This time for testing I attempted to throw a LOT more curve balls at the
system.

Forced sleep mode in the middle of downloading a web page.  Sometimes woke it
up without an ethernet connection.

Powered up with external mouse, sleep, pull mouse, wake.  Various combinations
of that one.

Tried forcing sleep in the middle of starting up a couple of different apps.
Also while in the midst of closing them down

Tested with and without external power for all of the above.  Cycled sleep
mode enough to get it peddled across town!

In short, all the kinds of nasty things you generally wouldn't want to do
under normal circumstances.  For each and every one, the system came back to
life without issue.

I still haven't been able to determine a specific trigger for the lock ups
though.  I ran more extensive testing than previously, but for all that I did
I honestly don't know if I tested what would show this fixed or not.

This is a pretty serious stablity issue here in my mind.  If I find anything
new or interesting on this I'll be sure to update the list on it.  I know I'd
appreciate hearing anything others might find concerning this.

Later on,

--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."