Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 19:55:14 +0100
From:      Ruben van Staveren <ruben@verweg.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Audio can hang machine. SMP related ?

These hangs seem very similar to what I am experiencing and wrote earlier
about in message id's <20011115205310.A13588@erg.verweg.com> and
<20011226235825.A9317@erg.verweg.com>

I've recompiled almost everything on my system that possibly could interact
with kernel internals. I set my bios to MPS 1.4 specification (I still wonder
what it does, has something to do with interrupt assignment ?) but still
these lockups while running a SMP kernel. Uniprocessor is just fine.

For the moment I have unloaded my audio device drivers from loader.conf
(FYI, it is an AudioPCI ES1370 card (SB 128 PCI))

Well, lets see how it turns out this time.
and maybe it gets enough reproducable to file a PR.

Regards,
	Ruben

--
  /() ) |       Ruben van Staveren      http://ruben.is.verweg.com/      |_o