Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 08:25:10 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <don@partsnow.com>
To:        CIEN KWONG <cekong@cyberjunkie.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuration

Hi, and welcome to the club -
	There is a lot to do, and most of it will be specific to your hardware
and what you want to do with it, and what your ISP will give you on the
other end of your phone line.
	I *HIGHLY* recommend that you buy a copy of Greg Lehey's 'The Complete
FreeBSD' book from Walnut Creek CDROM, http://www.cdrom.com. Greg goes
into exhaustive detail on all of these subjects and many more you don't
even know about yet :)
	If you have an internet connection, spend time reading the online
Handbook and tutorials; while they're never perfect or complete, they do
give you lots of necessary info.
	One thing I've discovered is that Unix Books Are Your Friends. Just use
the configurations they talk about for Berkely Unix (BSD)
configurations. Unfortunately, neither modems or sound cards are
something UN*X writers have ever cared about, until Greg started writing
all this stuff down.

--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *