Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 03:03:29 +0100
From:      "Christian Gielstrup" <christian@gielstrup.dk>
To:        <freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   resolve ipaddr and ports in logs

Greetings from Denmark..

Is it possible to have the ipaddresses and ports resolved on the rules =
that are logged?
I mean simular to the output produced by  ipfw -N s

E.g  every connection reaching to my last reachable rule (/sbin/ipfw a =
999 deny l a f a t a). (Default 65535 rule is missing the log option)
It would be nice if ip's and ports could be resolved into names, via =
DNS,  host file and the services file.
I realize the extra load this could give a fw  under "attack", but who =
isn`t limiting the log amount.

Best regards,

Christian