Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:50:20 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to restore 'getty'

At 11:13 PM 9/29/02 -0700, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>gotta build it before you can install it.
>
>cd /usr/src/libexec/getty
>make depend
>make obj
>make
>make install
>
>just a thought, anyway.
>
>-Adam

I'll give it a try. So far I haven't tried going through the chain of
makefiles, but I notice the Makefile in the directory doesn't have any
targets. Odd. Must mean there's a higher level makefile that does,
otherwise I should have gotten the message, "make: don't know how to make:
install".

I've been searching the google group without finding anything on this
subject. I must be using the wrong keywords, because I remember (vaguely)
seeing someone post a year or so ago how to restore something in usr.bin or
usr.sbin. Well, I'll keep on trying.
--
Roger