Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 10:41:12 -0500
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@chrome.onramp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_add bug or user brain damage?

I tried to install the xkobo-1.3 package, and wanted to see
what actions it would do first before actually installing it.
So, I used `pkg_add -n` and expected to see a "make -n" like
stream of commands to move/copy files around, mkdir, etc.
Instead all I got was a free-space check in /tmp.  Is there
something I'm missing?  Like, time-stamps preclude accurate
assesment of what actions are needed?  Did I not RTFM right?

If it matters:
    chrome 2470 % uname -a
    FreeBSD chrome.onramp.net 2.0.5-950622-SNAP FreeBSD 2.0.5-950622-SNAP #0:
    Thu Jun 22 04:15:25  1995     root@westhill.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile
    /GENERIC  i386

OK, just how dumb am I? :-)

Oh, and, xkobo takes a bad system call.  Rats.  These are important
applications to get running too...

Thanks,
jdl